Re: Wifi

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014, Patrick Alouidor wrote:

> Hello all. I'm not sure if it me but I have a fresh install of Debian
> 7 on laptop Toshiba C-55A5310. and For some reason I cannot enable my
> wifi switch. I have been pressing the F keys but no luck. please This
> is my first Laptop ever and I wanted to put something stable on it
> and now I cannot get my wifi to turn on. My I please get some form of
> assistance on wifi.

When you got to the "task selection" step of the install where its
lists, for example "Desktop Environment, Web Server," etc., did you
choose the "Laptop" option? This will install the necessary tools for
laptops including wifi.

If you didn't, just run 'tasksel' as root in a terminal, choose Laptop,
and click "OK."  You'll need a wired Internet connection and probably
the install CD/DVD.

This link should help:

   https://wiki.debian.org/tasksel