Re: dovecot-imapd and imaps protocol

Hello,

On 14-02-13 20:32:45, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I am trying to figure out if the dovecot-imapd is able to support
> the imaps protocol

It is.

> all the guides say put the following at the head of
> /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
>
> protocols = imap imaps (and pop3 etc but I am not interested in that)

That looks like written for dovecot 1.x, the wheezy version which has

> !include_try /usr/share/dovecot/protocols.d/*.protocol

is 2.x. The configuration syntax changed quite a bit, but can be
converted if you have a working old setup using doveconf, see
README.Debian.gz.

> So why doesn't it specify imaps.  Am I missing another package which
> does that?

Basically, you shouldn't need to do anything, because the imap-login
service is defined in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-master.conf in Debian,
allowing both imap and imaps. It's just that it's not an additional
protocol config setting as it was in 1.x.

What makes you think that imaps isn't working, did you try connecting
and got a connection refused?

Cheers
Wolfgang