dovecot-imapd and imaps protocol

I am trying to figure out if the dovecot-imapd is able to support the imaps protocol

all the guides say put the following at the head of /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

protocols = imap imaps (and pop3 etc but I am not interested in that)

However the debian packaging puts instead

!include_try /usr/share/dovecot/protocols.d/*.protocol

and then allows each debian dovecot-xxxx package to add a file into the directory with the .protocol extension if it needs to

dovecot-imapd adds

protocols = $protocols imap

and nothing else.

So why doesn't it specify imaps. Am I missing another package which does that?

Alan Chandler