Re: dovecot-imapd and imaps protocol

Alan Chandler:

> I am trying to figure out if the dovecot-imapd is able to support
> the imaps protocol

It does, of course.

> all the guides say put the following at the head of
> /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
>
> protocols = imap imaps (and pop3 etc but I am not interested in that)

Which Debian/Dovecot version? Current Debian stable (wheezy) ships
Dovecot 2.1 with a split configuration file in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/. You
can configure general SSL support in 10-ssl.conf.

> However the debian packaging puts instead
>
> !include_try /usr/share/dovecot/protocols.d/*.protocol
>
> and then allows each debian dovecot-xxxx package to add a file into
> the directory with the .protocol extension if it needs to
>
> dovecot-imapd adds
>
> protocols = $protocols imap
>
> and nothing else.
>
> So why doesn't it specify imaps.  Am I missing another package which
> does that?

I think you just don't need to add imaps anymore. This should contain
everything you need:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SSL/DovecotConfiguration

Be sure to use wiki2.dovecot.org when looking for help on Dovecot 2.x.
The old wiki.dovecot.org only applies to 1.x.

J.
--
I lust after strangers but only date people from the office.
[Agree]   [Disagree]