Re: dovecot-imapd and imaps protocol

On 13/02/14 21:01, Wolfgang Karall wrote:
What makes you think that imaps isn't working, did you try connecting and got a connection refused?

I did a "doveconf protocols listen" and it didn't list imaps

I was still trying to work out how to configure things as I couldn't get dovecot to start saying it was missing a definition of protocol imaps, so I hadn't tried it at that point. I have fixed whatever was the problem now so moving on - but thanks for the input.

I am just now getting the basics working with telnet before getting to test imaps

I am using an underlying sqlite database to check authentication and I have the basic logon working now.

My main problem is how to get login as master user to be able to bypass a disabled account (because it appears in the deny query)

If you have any ideas on how I can produce a separate query to validate the user the master is pretending to be so that it bypasses the deny stage I would be interested to hear it.

Alan Chandler