Re: systemd: some more questions

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 20:00 +1100, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> Make the script S12whatever and then install systemd(?)
>
> You need to make a _unit_ to start the S12whatever script, no need for
> the "S12" you can call it "whatever", but you need to edit a unit. FWIW
> all jokes about systemd units using CamelCase are already written.
>
> [rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ man systemd.unit
> SYSTEMD.UNIT(5)                                  systemd.unit                                  SYSTEMD.UNIT(5)
>
> NAME
>        systemd.unit - Unit configuration
>
> SYNOPSIS
>        service.service, socket.socket, device.device, mount.mount, automount.automount, swap.swap,
>        target.target, path.path, timer.timer, snapshot.snapshot, slice.slice, scope.scope
>
>        /etc/systemd/system/*
>        /run/systemd/system/*
>        /usr/lib/systemd/system/*
>
>        $HOME/.config/systemd/user/*
>        /etc/systemd/user/*
>        /run/systemd/user/*
>        /usr/lib/systemd/user/*
>
> DESCRIPTION
>        A unit configuration file encodes information about a service, a socket, a device, a mount point, an
>        automount point, a swap file or partition, a start-up target, a watched file system path, a timer
>        controlled and supervised by systemd(1), a temporary system state snapshot, a resource management slice
>        or a group of externally created processes. The syntax is inspired by XDG Desktop Entry
>        Specification[1].desktop files, which are in turn inspired by Microsoft Windows .ini files.

There it is.

I can see the claims from Microsoft legal, now.

FWIW, I've never gone wrong avoiding doing things the Microsoft way.

It's kind of like not having to smoke tobacco to know I don't want to
do that. You don't fix a broken leg by putting a bandaid on it.

>  [...]

Anyway, thanks for the heads' up, Ralf.

--
Joel Rees