Re: systemd: some more questions

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 12:12:11PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 11:29 +0100, Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
> > Another question. Systemd will continue to let me use the systemv
> > scripts?
>
> Perhaps Debian makes this available during the transition. I use Debian
> without systemd. However, you could try to start those scripts by a
> systemd unit and see what happens.
>
> JFTR
>
> "Q: How do I change the current runlevel?

Debian has never had run levels per se (obviously single user, and
reboot are used, but not the others) leaving them up to the system admin
to configure as she/he desires.

> A: In systemd runlevels are exposed via "target units". You can change
> them like this:
[...]

I assume that the current norm will prevail ... but who knows, maybe
systemd is the new system admin. :)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X