Re: images that play nicely with revision control?

On Tue, 2014-02-11 at 13:55 +0100, Alois Mahdal wrote:
> On 2014-02-10 13:46, Darac Marjal wrote:
> >
> > Diff'ing images would probably want to involve a viewer that can
> > flick
> > between the two images (as one would do in astronomy) as well as,
> > perhaps, showing the difference in the 'code' (perhaps the only
> > difference is compression).
>
> I use Beyond Compare for this and many other things like syncing FTPs,
> comparing/merging trees, analyzing changes, migrating home folders...

I can second the recommendation of Beyond Compare for all the above
uses. I consider it one of most essential tools I use and is the only
commercial closed-source software I've ever purchased. (Well, I've paid
the Microsoft tax when buying PC's but that wasn't really by choice.)

--
Tixy