Re: images that play nicely with revision control?

On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 10:47:11 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

> Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> I'm looking for a file format for images that plays nicely with
>> revision control. Ideally I'd like to edit them while seeing what I'm
>> editing, whether it's a line drawing (like inkscape) or a pixel map.
>> [snip]
>
> You didn't say much about your actual drawing mixture.

I'd probably be willing to adapt my drawing style to the technology that
works with my revision control.  The drawings I'm interested in are
development tools for for novels or computer programs.  One might be
block diagrams of the main components of a program and their
relationships.  Another might be a picture of the main character of a
story, or a map of the country, or the layout of a character's house.
These are working drawings than high art.  And they're not static.  Oh, I
don't mean they're animations... I mean that as the months go by, they
need to be changed, as my understanding of the things they represent
changes.

-- hendrik