Re: How to Downgrade from Wheezy to Squeeze

Please don't top post - it requires extra effort for people to work out
what you are referring to.

On 29/01/14 13:54, John D. Hendrickson and Sara Darnell wrote:
> if you knew how to build and install a kernel without using a package
>  if you knew the /var/lib/dpkg/status and available  and /etc/apt/...
>  you'd know exactly how to do so without using anything but dpkg(1) and
> a text editor
>
> being that your asking.  you want to install from scratch.
>
> you can keep /home
>
> any think in /etc /var /usr/ may prevent your system from working unless
> you know what to do when that happens
>
> however in home you have ~/.app files: note ~/.kde or ~/.gnome will
> really kick your butt if you leave them around.
>
> NOTE: ~/.mozilla ? or ~/.firefox contains your mail.  don't wildly
> delete all ~/.*
>
> this is so
>
> 1) debian knows the dependancy structure of what filed should be
> installed or uninstalled (it will be chaos if wrong, depends though)
>
> 2) files apps use don't get mixed together.  apps will break if they
> are.  and it will be timely and confusing just to know it had been a
> problem and then after maybe impossible to fix.

Additionally it encourages people to *not* read the post they are
replying to. Perhaps that's the reason for your post?  I have *no* idea
what you are talking about or how it's related to the post you attached
it to.

> Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 28/01/14 18:40, Garry wrote:
>> <snipped>
>>> It was one of those situations where everything you do gets trumped.
>>> I decided to use a different server for the openfire install.
>> For people searching for a solution to the same problem:-
>>
>> Debian Wheezy (note: you'll also need mysql, see the OpenFire
>> documentation)
>> # apt-get install openjdk-6-jre
>>
>> $ wget http://download.igniterealtime.org/openfire/openfire_3.8.2_all.deb
>>
>> # dpkg -i openfire_3.8.2_all.deb
>>
>> # nano /etc/init.d/openfire
>> add the following to the start of the config file and save the change:-
>> JAVA_HOME=$(readlink -f /usr/bin/java | sed "s:bin/java::")
>>
>> # service openfire restart
>>
>> Browse to:-
>> http://localhost:9090
>>

>> Kind regards