Re: How to Downgrade from Wheezy to Squeeze

On 28/01/14 18:40, Garry wrote:

<snipped>

> It was one of those situations where everything you do gets trumped. I decided to use a different server for the openfire install.

For people searching for a solution to the same problem:-

Debian Wheezy (note: you'll also need mysql, see the OpenFire documentation)
# apt-get install openjdk-6-jre

$ wget http://download.igniterealtime.org/openfire/openfire_3.8.2_all.deb

# dpkg -i openfire_3.8.2_all.deb

# nano /etc/init.d/openfire
add the following to the start of the config file and save the change:-
JAVA_HOME=$(readlink -f /usr/bin/java | sed "s:bin/java::")

# service openfire restart

Browse to:-
http://localhost:9090

Kind regards