Re: How to Downgrade from Wheezy to Squeeze

Reposting on-list, my apologies Gary for accidentally replying off-list

On 28/01/14 17:56, Garry wrote:

>> On Jan 27, 2014, at 11:50 PM, "Scott Ferguson" <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On 28/01/14 15:12, Garry wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it possible to downgrade from Wheezy to Squeeze?
>>>
>>> The reason I want to downgrade is because I am trying to install Openfire and unfortunately:
>>>
>>> openfire pre-depends on sun-java5-jre | sun-java6-jre | default-jre-headless | openjdk-6-jre
>>>
>>> - - I would prefer downgrading if it’s possible.
>>> - - I wouldn’t mind keeping Wheezy if I could get the pre-depends installed.
>>> — - If downgrading isn’t an option; can someone help me with remote installation (server is located in the attic; I’d prefer not climbing up there to retrieve it.)
>>>
>>> Thanks in advanced to anyone and everyone willing to help!
>>

>> What's stopping you from installing sun-java5-jre in Wheezy?
>> https://wiki.debian.org/Java/Sun
>>

>> Kind regards
>

> I guess nothing except for I can't find 5 --- http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

Sorry, the wiki requires updating (although some apps will run fine with
later version of Java), you'll find that version here:-
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/archive-139210.html

My preference is for OpenJDK where possible, but some apps can be picky.

Kind regards