Re: missing package long descriptions

On Mon 27 Jan 2014 at 09:52:03 +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> On 1/27/14, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > And if you comment out file:/// sources and uncomment the iiNet sources?
> > No updating, of course.
>
> Package descriptions show again; similarly if I have both sources uncommented.

We'll have
  A=iiNet sources and AT=translation files for A
  B=file sources and BT=translation files for A

AFAICT: if the order in sources.list is A, B then AT is merged with the
corresonding binary file. Check by editing a line for a package file in
AT. If AT is moved then BT is sourced.

If the sources.list order is reversed then BT is merged with the
corresonding binary file. Check by looking for the edit in 'apt-cache
show'. If BT is moved then AT is sourced.

It seems a translation file is not being merged with a binary file when
the iiNet sources are commented. Pass.