Re: Help with command - cp

On Sun, 1/26/14, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
  As I said to Zenaan, it is obviously time for me to bite the bullet of
  rsync.  It seems a significantly better tool for the purpose than cp.

Some time ago I was using "cp" for bulk file copying, but was having some issues with maintaining the original permissions and such. That was quite a while ago and may have been a result of PEBKAC, and not "cp" itself. heh.

After some not-so-gentle nudging from my computing guru moved me to rsync. Nowadays my use of "cp" is pretty much limited to very basic stuff and leave the heavy lifting to rsync. No looking back ...

Jeff

--
hangout: ##b0rked on irc.freenode.net
diversion: http://alienjeff.net - visit The Fringe