Re: Help with command - cp

On 1/27/14, Go Linux <golinux@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 1/26/14, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  As I said to Zenaan, it is obviously time for me to bite the bullet of
>>  rsync.  It seems a significantly better tool for the purpose than cp.

> Maybe you'd find grsync gui less intimidating than cli?

I've used one or two rsync GUIs.

I find with those I have taught that command-line competency
translates almost automatically to GUI competency (or confidence), but
not always the other way around. However I do occasionally run a GUI
app to view settings of jackd for example, to make sure that what I'm
looking at in the config matches my "GUI" understanding, and some GUIs
provide more informative "comments" (pop ups whatever), but sometimes
vice versa.