Re: Check config files on upgrade (was ... Re: Gnome 3 fail scenario)

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 00:39:47 +1300
Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

Hello Chris,

>keep my own version of the config file, which led to my crisis.
>Now if I had known to compare the new '/etc/vim/vimrc' with my one ...

IDK what it was like then, but nowadays you're asked if you wish to view
the differences between old and new configs if it's relevant.  Of course,
you'd still have to know that accepting changes (or not) may have a
detrimental effect.

--
 Regards  _
He looked the wrong way at a policeman