Re: Connot load Wheezy in a "virgin" desktop -- FAILURE

On Jan 18, 2014 11:32 AM, "Diogene Laerce" <me_buss777@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I just saw your message : what is exactly your problem ?

My problem is the same as it has always been since December 27th, the day I started to create an operating system in a new computer which I purchased for use in Thailand.  So far I have not been successful.

The partitioning configuration I want would start with RAID1 using two 2 tb HDDs.  The RAID1 would have four partitions, for /boot, swap, /tmp and the LVM.  The swap and /temp partitions would be encrypted with a random key.Four other partitions would be part of the LVM: /,  /var and two /home partitions, one for each of the two users who will be using this computer.

There are three obstacles to achieving the partitioning configuration I want.  The first is that the operating system will not accept RAID1.  The second is that encryption of the /tmp partition is not accepted either, although encryption of the swap partition is.

The third obstacle is that while I was able to create a usable operating system complete with a desktop environment but without RAID1, LVM and encryption of /tmp, I cannot open tty1 through tty6 virtual terminals by pressing the ctl-alt-F1 through F6 combination.  When I try the machine seizes up and requires to be rebooted.

My experiences in trying to install the partition configuration I wantm complete with the error messages I received -- are mostly documented in my two major posts to the list on this subject.  The first was sent on 7th January at 06:25 Thai time (UTC +7); the second was sent on 18th January at 02:57. The hardware I have is described in my post of 18 January at 23:11.

Ken Heard