Re: Using maildrop to filter mail [Re: Hey humans, I'm a machine]

On 1/18/14, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sb, 18 ian 14, 19:37:52, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>>
>> Gmail does some annoying things here and there - I really need to go
>> back to mutt and postfix (they're actually configured for some months
>> now, but I want to use some sorting function other than procmail, and
>> don't have time to get up to speed yet with an alternative)
>
> maildrop. For postfix you need:

Thank you. I shall look into that soon. Your config examples are appreciated.

> If you use some other program to retrieve mail you also need to tell it
> to use maildrop for delivery. For getmail it would be:

I last used mpop, and intend to again. It is blazingly fast, download
pop mailboxes in parallel, pipelining etc. Gold-stamp award software
if I were giving gold stamps :)

Thanks again
Zenaan