Re: Hey humans, I'm a machine

On 1/18/14, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-01-18 at 19:21 +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

>> > I was the one who introduced to talk about this carp at the OT list,
>> > but
>> > it was ignored.
>>
>> Your suggestion and posting to OT was good.
>>
>> Your CC to debian-user was not so good :)
>>
>> When presented with some self-indulgent _ _ _ _, we self-indulgent
>> humans tend to ... what is it? ... just on the tip of my tongue ...
>> oh, that's right, we tend to _self_indulge_ :)
>>
>> Who woulda thought it?
>>
>> So, next time, when we who are aware of and subscribed to OT list are
>> inclined to speak OT-edly, how about we just post to -ot and _not_ CC
>> d-user?
>>
>> Just a thought ...
>>
>> Regards
>> Zenaan
>
> My mails don't come trough the OT list :(.

OK, but this is a separate problem, which has nothing to do with
whether you CC debian-user or not regarding an OT reply or a new OT
thread. Just because you have a problem posting to -ot, does not mean
it is a good idea to post to debian-user yes?

Gmail does some annoying things here and there - I really need to go
back to mutt and postfix (they're actually configured for some months
now, but I want to use some sorting function other than procmail, and
don't have time to get up to speed yet with an alternative) - remember
the discussion about whether Object-Oriented programming can be done
in C? My key post with a summary of the positions and what I thought
was a fundamental question in the discussion, never got through to
debian-user, because Google gmail added so many extra headers that
debian mailing list software treated my email as spam.

Shirt happens, as they say...