Re: update flash

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014, Ma Xiaojun wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 1:42 AM, Patrick Bartek <bartek047@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > My primary browser.  Same problem whether using Adobe Flash or
> > Google's version.  In fact, if using Google's, those "problem"
> > sites don't even recognize it, and say "You need to install Flash."
>
> Contact Google for support.

Didn't have to.  A day or so ago, Google updated Chrome, and along
with it Pepper Flash to 12.0.0.41.  So, now Chrome works with the
"problem" sites.  Iceweasel, however, still doesn't, and never will,
since its version of Flash will never to later than 11.2, Adobe's final
release for Linux.

> > The OS is not the problem. All the other sites I frequent work just
> > fine.  It's just a couple that don't, but used to -- a month or so
> > ago.
>
> A sane OS doesn't lock you at 11.2; a broken one does.

Flash is the problem, not the OS.  The OS hasn't "locked" out anything.
There just aren't any later versions being supplied by Adobe for Linux.
Adobe still continues development of Flash for Windows and OSX, however.