Re: update flash

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Ma Xiaojun wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Patrick Bartek
> <bartek047@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > FWIW:  Adobe says that 11.2.202 is the last and final Linux version
> > of Flash.  Although, they will continue backported security updates.
> > Windows/OSX version is up to 12.something-or-other, IIRC. And I'm
> > beginning to run across sites that won't play Flash videos unless
> > you have Flash 11.8 or higher. What to do?
>
> Switch to Chrome browser?

My primary browser.  Same problem whether using Adobe Flash or Google's
version.  In fact, if using Google's, those "problem" sites don't even
recognize it, and say "You need to install Flash."

> Switch to a sane OS?

The OS is not the problem. All the other sites I frequent work just
fine.  It's just a couple that don't, but used to -- a month or so ago.

> Make Gnash [1], Lightspark [2], Shumway [3], whatever usable for you.
>
> 1. http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/
> 2. http://lightspark.github.io/
> 3. http://mozilla.github.io/shumway/

The problem is those "problem" sites are looking for ADOBE Flash version
11.8 or higher ONLY, and say so.  Nothing else will do.