Re: further ideas on Re: Still bothered by annoying Re: new motherboard now Autorepeat of keys even when not pressed down

On 01/09/2014 09:52 PM, Mitchell Laks wrote:
You advise me  give up too easily, David.

Wiping and reinstalling from scratch has a couple of benefits:

1.  You can estimate how long it will take.

2. You can leave out the cruft that has built up since the last time you installed (and this is probably what is causing the issues).

3.  You have the best chance of it working.

4. If a default install doesn't work, you can make better decisions -- e.g. troubleshooting, switch to a different distribution/ version/ architecture, etc..

5. You have a known starting point and other people can reproduce your results -- e.g. bug report, developer debugging, automated testing, etc..

The sense I am getting is that linux is moving away from support of ps2 hardware.

My PS/2 machines work fine with Wheezy i386 and amd64.

What do you think my posts are about? I have researched and posted.
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=55373&sid=4c138a3bac92266f8464b4a9814350d4&start=60
https://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/InputHotplugGuide

Have you tried the Asus site, or Asus fan sites?  Does Asus support FOSS?

David