Re: Still bothered by annoying Re: new motherboard now Autorepeat of keys even when not pressed down

On Du, 05 ian 14, 08:43:23, Mitchell Laks wrote:

> I wanted to see if I can rejuvenate this thread or if should I start a new one.
>
> My debian  stable (now is sid but no new behavior) ps2 keyboards keep maniacally repeating keys.
>
>  occasionally it seems almost spontaneous but likely i hit one return and it keeps typing return
> until i hit another key then it stops.
>
> when I try with another ps2 keyboard, same problem
>
> no problem with a usb keyboard.
>
> it started when I moved to a new motherboard with 6 core processor.
>
> any ideas?

Hmm, I remember I had some trouble with the PS/2 keyboard when I
dist-upgraded (to squeeze?) an old box of mine and the fix was some
kernel parameter. Let's see... aha, it was "i8042.nopnp". Can't remember
what it does though.

You might also want to look into BIOS settings and/or upgrades, or using
a USB-to-PS/2 adapter if you want to keep the keyboard.

Kind regards,
Andrei