Re: further ideas on Re: Still bothered by annoying Re: new motherboard now Autorepeat of keys even when not pressed down

On 19:51 Thu 09 Jan     , David Christensen wrote:
> Mitchell Laks wrote on Sun, 8 Dec 2013 15:20:22 -0500
> >> I recently upgraded my motherboard to an asus  M4A77TD
> motherboard with a new CPU.
> >> Of course this is a machine running wheezy, but was installed
> some many previous debian versions  time ago.
>

> On 01/09/2014 10:02 AM, Mitchell Laks wrote:
> > Any other ideas???
>

> 1.  Back up your data.  Disconnect all drives.  Install a new/
> different system drive and fill it with zeros.  Do a fresh install
> of the OS distribution of your choosing.  Test/ patch/ backport/
> etc. thoroughly.  If/ when you're satisfied, you're done.  If not,
> wipe the system drive and try something else.

?? I haven't had to reinstall debian on my main machine in years.
It would be silly
Of course I am currently running debian on 25 workstations and  servers at multiple sites.
And I have  upgraded most of them over the years with no problem.

You advise me  give up too easily, David.

The sense I am getting is that linux is moving away from support of ps2 hardware.
I saw a lot of bellyaching on the web from this bug on multiple sites. On windows as well.

I walked into microcenter today and payed $12 for a cheap usb m$ft  keyboard to see if it had
a reasonable feel.

Not bad, and with it the bug is gone for now. I will report back.
I also bought a usb-to-ps2 connector for $15. I will try that too.

I just feel bad about the end of a hardware era, and I still have a cache of msft internet ps2 keyboards with
their good feel.

> 2.  STFW for Linux and/or Debian support for your motherboard.
> Search.  Read.  Join.  Post.

What do you think my posts are about? I have researched and posted.
I have even tried reverting to the kbd input driver. You have
to give credit for my having found that on some combination of threads somewhere

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=55373&sid=4c138a3bac92266f8464b4a9814350d4&start=60

https://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/InputHotplugGuide

I suppose I can try a second clean install to see if it still has the problem.
Or else just do it with a debian live distro.
but my sense is that we are not just  dealing with a corrupted  install.

Mitchell