Still bothered by annoying Re: new motherboard now Autorepeat of keys even when not pressed down

I wanted to see if I can rejuvenate this thread or if should I start a new one.

My debian  stable (now is sid but no new behavior) ps2 keyboards keep maniacally repeating keys.

 occasionally it seems almost spontaneous but likely i hit one return and it keeps typing return
until i hit another key then it stops.

when I try with another ps2 keyboard, same problem

no problem with a usb keyboard.

it started when I moved to a new motherboard with 6 core processor.

any ideas?