Re: debian-live-7.2 doesn´t start

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 1:50 PM, peter.gierschner <xaccount@gmx.net> wrote:
Am 10.01.2014 19:50, schrieb Lisi Reisz:

Putting this on list where OP might see it!  It came to me off-list.

acpi=off nolapic  fb=off nofb vga=normal (and maybe 1 more)
if you want more technical information about what's happening during
the
boot - append this in addition:
debug

if you can't boot in console only mode - then something is really
wrong.
if the problem is video - that can be resolved.

HTH - Bob

I tried that. At first I was happy because it booted normally without error - but only one time, not reproducable. Seems to be a timíng problem.

Shortly said: it didn´t work either  :-((((

Now: what can be "really wrong"?

I think the HW is ok, W7 and XP are running normally, the GParted and the TrinityResourceKit Distros - both based on Linux - work well, too.

peter

curious...
in that case - I would definitely use the "debug" parameter, and see what the console messages reveal:
- any useful error messages
- how far does it get in boot before freezing
- what sub-system is it attempting to load at the point it freezes?

additional thought:
- which kernel version is trying to boot? 2.6.x or 3.x ?
maybe one works, and the other doesn't.
- i suspect that the other lin dists that do work, are using 2.6x
if you can tell deb-live to use the older kernel, might have different results.

- Bob