debian-live-7.2 doesn´t start

Hi!

I am trying to start debian-live-7.2-i386-kde-desktop on my hp PC. But it dosn´t work, the boot process stops at "Enabling power management", and resetting is only possible by the mains switch. I tried both versions, normal and failsave.

The PC is a hp/compaq d5330 with IntelP4 2,66GHz, Board by ASUS P4SD-LA with Chipset Intel ICH5/865G.

The BIOS allows only one setting regarding the power mabagemen, "ACPI-Support S3", but there is no difference. W7 and XP are running normal.

Hope somebody could help me, this is my first step towards Linux!

peter