Re: audio dropouts still

On 1/11/14, Klaus <klaus.doering999@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/01/14 14:26, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Fri, 2014-01-10 at 14:09 +0000, Klaus wrote:
>>> correlation between absolute CPU power and drop-outs

> What I added to this thread is that even with a whittled down system (in
> this case: no jackd, no pulseaudio), audio drop-out can still happen. As

And thank you! This is interesting, and pertinent information, from my
perspective. I too am very keen to get to the bottom of this
apparently illogical problem.

> far as I'm aware of, Zenaan has not tested -- or reported about his
> tests of -- the most minimalist system.

I shall do so at some point, hopefully in next day or three, and
report back. It's an important test.

(A completely unrelated anecdote, the Lenovo X220 laptop which is my
workstation at the moment, has built-in Intel analog audio line out,
and another in the docking station - there is a constant low-level
crackle on both lines (not noticeable when music is playing, but very
annoying when no other sounds are playing), which reflects also
whenever mouse is moved, and other events - clearly crap analog audio
subsystem somewhere; thankfully, the external monitor (displayport,
but appearing in alsa as eg "card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3:
HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]") routes audio, apparently digitally, and this has a
relatively very clean line! Still, I would have thought modern laptops
would have solved the audio out problem by now - evidently built in
audio is not driven by consumer demand enough.)

Thanks all,
Zenaan