Re: audio dropouts still

On 1/11/14, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> On 1/11/14, Klaus <klaus.doering999@gmail.com> wrote:

>> far as I'm aware of, Zenaan has not tested -- or reported about his
>> tests of -- the most minimalist system.
>
> I shall do so at some point, hopefully in next day or three, and
> report back. It's an important test.

OK, finally got to do a  clean reboot, running no gui (not even an
Xdm), and these audio dropouts at random intervals do continue.

alsaplayer -S myaudio.file  -o alsa -d hdmi:PCH,1 -r -F 32000 -l 0.5

This audio is going out my external monitor. Audio is really dodge
without -F 32000, so it appears the DP monitor audio out is not DACing
the full 48KHz that out be possible. Either that or I don't know how
to set this sound card feature from the command line.

Kernel:
Linux x220a02 3.12-1-rt-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Debian 3.12.6-2
(2013-12-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

But same happened with my old kernel, config-3.9-1-amd64 .

My intention now is to build my own custom kernel. Been a few years,
hopefully can determine the source of the problem.

FYI
Zenaan