Re: audio dropouts still

On Fri, 2014-01-10 at 11:40 +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> There are NO jackd XRUNs (now that I've upped -p anyway).

Audible glitches are not always shown as xruns and xruns often are not
audible ;).

For some devices it does help to increase -n from 2 to 3.

Note! I'm using professional gear, not even prosumer gear, that's why
asked the following question, I always stay with the default -n 2:

http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2013-December/095401.html

I often read that people are more lucky when using -n3 also for elCheapo
onboard devices and PCI sound cards, that's why I asked about a myth.

Testing -n 3 doesn't harm.