Installing Debian 7.2.0 on MacBook Pro (6,2)

This is all very new to me and I believe I installed everything properly but when I try to boot into Debian the screen has pixel splashes all over the screen. When I try to boot into recovery mode it starts booting but then stops and says "Cannot find any crtc or sizes - going 1024x768".

So it basically just hangs there and I'm not sure how to work around it.

It is a MacBook Pro (6,2) Year 2010 laptop with 2 x Video Cards
Intel HD Graphics (Built-In)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (PCI)

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.