Re: Installing Debian 7.2.0 on MacBook Pro (6,2)

Le 08.11.2013 16:21, Craigslist User a écrit :
This is all very new to me and I believe I installed everything
properly but when I try to boot into Debian the screen has pixel
splashes all over the screen. When I try to boot into recovery mode it
starts booting but then stops and says "Cannot find any crtc or sizes
- going 1024x768".

So it basically just hangs there and I'm not sure how to work around
it.

It is a MacBook Pro (6,2) Year 2010 laptop with 2 x Video Cards
Intel HD Graphics (Built-In)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (PCI)

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Can you log into a TTY, for example TTY2 ( press CTRL+ALT+F2, it will ask you your login and then the password. It will show nothing when you will enter your password: this is normal behavior )?

I suspect a conflict between your video cards. Can you disable one of them in BIOS (since I guess you can not unplug one, which would be the best)?

Which version of Debian are you trying to install? Stable? Testing? Unstable?