Re: Debian 7 USB Drive Won't Work

Though it may appear as if I was being ironic in my last comment, I
don't think you've exceeded in your harshness. I'm not offended and it
did indeed help me to question my reliance on this software.

So my "thank you" was sincere, though it kind of felt like a
bitchslap.. :)
--- Begin Message ---
On Wed 05 Jun 2013 at 13:21:22 -0300, André Nunes Batista wrote:

> Well, fair enough, I'll give isohybrid a try. I it's certainly a shame
> that I am stuck to something I first tried when the command line caused
> me the creeps.
>
> Nonetheless, my advice was addressed to someone who might be felling
> discouraged after trying to follow cryptic instructions on command line,
> not to someone who would know how to log procedures, lookup, debug and
> change config files and post all related info on the first email.
>
> Thank you for the bitchslap.

On reflection I might have gone a bit over the top, so many apologies if
anything I said came through as personal or insulting. It wasn't
intended that way but as a response to the two posts which advocated
UNetbootin for writing a Debian i386/amd64 ISO to a USB device.

There may have been a time when a UNetbootin-like program was immensely
useful for such a task but lot of recent effort has been put into
polishing isohybrid production so it seems a waste not take advantage of
it. Debian doesn't always produce the perfect outcome suiting everyone,
but in this case I think it has unarguably developed something of
quality for its users.