Re: Debian 7 USB Drive Won't Work

On Wed 05 Jun 2013 at 13:21:22 -0300, André Nunes Batista wrote:

> Well, fair enough, I'll give isohybrid a try. I it's certainly a shame
> that I am stuck to something I first tried when the command line caused
> me the creeps.
>
> Nonetheless, my advice was addressed to someone who might be felling
> discouraged after trying to follow cryptic instructions on command line,
> not to someone who would know how to log procedures, lookup, debug and
> change config files and post all related info on the first email.
>
> Thank you for the bitchslap.

On reflection I might have gone a bit over the top, so many apologies if
anything I said came through as personal or insulting. It wasn't
intended that way but as a response to the two posts which advocated
UNetbootin for writing a Debian i386/amd64 ISO to a USB device.

There may have been a time when a UNetbootin-like program was immensely
useful for such a task but lot of recent effort has been put into
polishing isohybrid production so it seems a waste not take advantage of
it. Debian doesn't always produce the perfect outcome suiting everyone,
but in this case I think it has unarguably developed something of
quality for its users.