Re: How do I solve pinning issues - Was: jwm

On Vi, 27 dec 13, 11:28:30, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> How stable is "Debian unstable"? Perhaps making a backup, disabling
> pinning and dist-upgrading is the easiest solution, OTOH I would prefer
> to stay with as much from "stable" as possible.

It doesn't crash all the time if this is what you are asking. Actually,
it hardly ever crashes, at least in my experience. Packages in unstable
should generally be release quality (otherwise they would go to
experimental), they just haven't been tested as much as testing or
stable, so serious bugs might lurk.

Sid is called "unstable" because it is a rolling release and you get
package updates 4 times per day. Of course, you are not forced to
install them, but waiting too much (say longer than a few weeks) might
get you in a spot where bringing it up to date can be quite difficult.

Kind regards,
Andrei