Re: How do I solve pinning issues - Was: jwm

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 10:37:10 +0100
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>>
>> To compile jwmtools it became a dependency hell for the dev packages. Is
>> there a way to automatically upgarde/downgrade packages to solve this
>> issue?
>
> Upgrade - yes. 'apt-get dist-upgrade' combined with appropriate
> entries in /etc/apt/sources.list will happily upgrade the whole
> installation to testing.

"apt-get dist-upgrade" will not upgrade stable to testing if the
pinning settings don't allow it, which AFAIR should be the case with
Ralph's settings if they are as he posted them in an earlier thread.

(One of the steps of the release notes always is to disable pinning
when upgrading.)