Re: Nvidia package installation problems

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 00:17:17 +0000 (UTC)
Jarth Berilcosm <jarth@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Jarth,

>Honestly, i don't know what's going with Debian lately. Wheezy looked
>promising and has been quite a dissapointment when it comes to package
>quality.

It's strange, isn't it;  I've not had any problems at all.  Admittedly,
I'm not using Wheezy (I am always on 'testing'), but even so maybe you'd
expect an issue or two.

>Golden hint include nomodeset in /etc/default/grub on the line
>GRUB_CMD_LINE_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset"

No "nomodeset" here, and everything seems fine.  Of course, I could set
it and see what changes/improvements it makes.

>Make sure in /etc/modprobe.conf.d/nvidia...... there is a line stating
>blacklist nouveau

Surely you mean '/etc/modprobe.d/' not '/etc/modprobe.conf.d/'?  The
latter doesn't exist here.

--
 Regards  _
I'll tell you something, I think that you should know