Re: sudo and firefox (was: Off-topic: Gmail Grrrr.)

On Wed, 2013-12-25 at 10:15 +0400, Reco wrote:
> b) That sneaky sandbox user can override firefox with something
> like /home/user9-boxed/bin/firefox, which is bad.

Here we are again ;).

Using a profile, supported by firefox, is the easiest and securest way.

I only use another user, instead of a profile, if I need a password,
e.g. to make a history including adult content unavailable for kids.

If you care for security, this is one reason to prefer profiles.

Btw. somebody on this list once called it a sledgehammer and I agree,
but if I don't use a profile, but another user then I don't care:

xhost +
gksudo -u chuser "$*"
xhost -
exit

I still don't understand what's bad with using profiles. A profile
doesn't have any drawback.

:D
Ralf