RE: Gmail Grrrr.

Hi,

>> > But I have in the past signed onto my own account on my netbook and
>> > %$^&*^$£ Google won't allow me to do anything else.  I can sign into
>> > my account, add Peter as an additional account, and then in future
>> > sign into his account from my account.  But I don't want that. I
>> > want to sign straight into his account and leave it like that for
>> > him.  Help!  Is anyone awake and on line?  Any ideas?
>> >
>> In gmail, click on the "person" icon (it's blue on my screen) and
>> that'll let you select "Sign out".
>>
>> Next time you go to gmail, it should ask you for a user name and
>> password, and it'll let you check "stay signed in" or something like
>> that.

But, isn't this the whole reason we use different login names and let people have different home directories with their own configs?
Or am I missing something?

> That works for me as well, as I have need at times to check
> into different gmail accounts for family members.
>
> I suppose if it is a real problem rid yourself of all gmail or
> google cookies and then try again. A bit desperate though I would think?

Ok, if I am logged in and I want to check someone else's mail account this might the "proper way" but if someone else wants to check his/her mail should they not simply have their own login name on the system?

Bonno Bloksma