Re: Off-topic: Gmail Grrrr.

 Hi.

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 13:29:28 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> This would lead to "Error: cannot open display: :0.0".
> Sure, $ xhost +; sudo -u [...] does the trick,

No, if you do it smart way, such as (in .xsessionrc):

xauth extract - $DISPLAY | sudo -u user1 -- sh -c \
"cat -> /home/user1/.Xauthority"
xauth extract - $DISPLAY | sudo -u user2 -- sh -c \
"cat -> /home/user1/.Xauthority"

And configure sudo to keep $DISPLAY.

> but simply using a
> profile, Firefox options -P <profile>       Start with <profile>, you
> don't need to add another user, you don't need to type a password.

Sudo can be configured for passwordless access, but that's not the
point.

Say, one runs two instances of firefox with different profiles under the
same OS user. One also runs, say, MUA such as Evolution and clicks a
link in this MUA. Now, the question is - which instance of firefox will
open the link? From my experience the result is unpredictable.

Reco