Re: bumblebee on laptop

Hi,

Dňa Tue, 24 Dec 2013 14:56:29 +0400 Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com>
napísal:

> In Debian, at least, they provide 'glx-alternative-*' packages
> which allows the user to switch between different implementations of
> GL.so.
>

> Now, they say there's that 'bumblebee' project, which allows to run an
> X client on a NVIDIA video card while drawing on the Intel video card,
> but:
>
> a) The way I undestand it, their 'optirun' wrapper is preloading
> nvidia-glx GL.so to an executable, while everything is linked against
> mesa's GL.so.
>
> b) Luckily I don't have the hardware for which 'bumblebee' is
> necessary.

Thanks a lot!

I was played with bumblebee some months ago – first without success
under OpenSuse (daughter's selection), then with partial success under
Debian (my selection), but in both with minimal xorg related knowledge.
Now it works, but there are some errors/warnnigs (?) about GLX in X
log.

Now i understand better! And I see, that I did some mistake(s) with the
alternatives setting - because this was first (and only one in Debian)
time when i played with this and i did some mixing and growing
decisions with the mesa and nvidia things ;-)

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk