Re: [SOLVED] Re: setting up usb wireless

On Sat 21 Dec 2013 at 21:10:41 -0500, Frank McCormick wrote:

> Yes I noticed on the Ralink Tech site that some of the drivers
> cover a wide range of chipsets. It was weird that the adapter seemed
> to be setup but couldn't function under dhcp. . . . . . . . .

In and earlier message you said:

  Well it's really frustrating! iwconfig output looks ok then again I am
  not really sure what I should be looking for.

  root@frank-debian:/home/frank# iwconfig wlan0
  wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any
            Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm

So the adapter is not set up (Access Point: Not-Associated) and the dhcp
server cannot be contacted.