Re: setting up usb wireless

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 01:09:03 -0500 Frank McCormick sent:

> It appears it is supported - I have the ralink-firmware installed, but
> when Debian (sid) boots it tries dhcpdiscover 255.255.255.255  about
> 10 times then gives up after getting no reply.

There has been a recent thread about wireless. Some interesting
information.

I have no idea at all about wireless.

Try 'iwconfig" as root and see what wlan should be seeking. I wore
myself out putting wlan1 in my /etc/network/interfaces and jumping
through all manner of hoops. It should have been wlan2 and when I
changed it, all was well.

Don't know if that will help you?
Charlie

    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	When one door of happiness closes another opens; but often we
	look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one
	which has been opened for us. - Helen Keller