Re: Copy and Paste between xterm and other windows in a Debian XFCE environment

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Put XTerm*SelectToClipboard:true in your ~/.Xresources file for
> > permanent configuration.
> >
> >   $ echo "XTerm*SelectToClipboard:true" >> ~/.Xresources
> >   $ xrdb -m ~/.Xresources
>
> I don't have a .Xresources file.. in all my years of UNIX/Linux, I've
> never edited a .xresources file..
> pauls-server:~$ ls -l ~.Xresources
> ls: cannot access ~.Xresources: No such file or directory

Then I assume you have a .Xdefaults file?  Put it there.

There are something like a half dozen different locations that X
resource data can be stored.  An X program will look through each
location in turn in priority order.

I posted on this topic before so instead of annoying the list with
another long posting today I will simply point to the previous.

Bob