Re: Copy and Paste between xterm and other windows in a Debian XFCE environment

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 12/21/2013 03:28 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:
> > I don't use XFCE, but I have set xterm's selectToClipboard resource to
> > true, meaning that text you select in xterm can be pasted into other
> > applications with Ctrl-V, and Shift-Ins pastes text from the clipboard
> > into xterm.
>
> where do you set this??

Either interactively with control-middle-mouse-drag down to "Select to
Clipboard" and check it _or_ set it in your .Xresources.

  man xterm

       selectToClipboard (class SelectToClipboard)
               Tells xterm whether to use the PRIMARY or CLIPBOARD for  SELECT
               tokens  in  the selection mechanism.  The set-select action can
               change this at runtime, allowing the user to work with programs
               that  handle  only  one  of  these  mechanisms.  The default is
               “false”, which tells it to use PRIMARY.

To set this on the fly for testing (session only, not permanent):

  $ echo "XTerm*SelectToClipboard:true" | xrdb -m

Put XTerm*SelectToClipboard:true in your ~/.Xresources file for
permanent configuration.

  $ echo "XTerm*SelectToClipboard:true" >> ~/.Xresources
  $ xrdb -m ~/.Xresources

Bob