Re: Deadline for jessie init system choice

Tom H wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > The most notable source of problems are /etc/init.d/foo where foo
> > doesn't have current LSB headers.  Those files cause problems when
> > upgrading because the new 'insserv' program used in Wheezy to set up
> > parallel booting can't work without the dependency information in the
> > LSB headers.  Those files and packages should definitely be cleaned
> > up.
>
> Didn't insserv become the default in Squeeze?

Did it?  Things do blur together after a while. :-)

I do have notes that say for the Squeeze upgrade to look for the
/etc/init.d/.legacy-bootordering file and to 'dpkg-reconfigure sysv-rc'
and to correct any problems seen from it.  Still needs to be done if
it isn't getting done at upgrade time.

Bob