Re: upgrade dist from squeeze to wheezy

prad wrote:
> is the correct process:
> 1. uninstall backports and /usr/local software
> 2. run aptitude dist-upgrade on main system
> 3. run aptitude dist-upgrade on openvz server

I would not start with dist-upgrade.  That will almost certainly cause
trouble depending upon the package dependencies installed on your
particular system.

It is best to follow the documented procedures.  It isn't possible to
document the procedures fully in a short email.  The full procedure is
documented here:

  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/releasenotes

> are there any issues we should be aware/cautious about or do things go
> pretty smoothly?

Read and follow the release notes.  That is what they are there for.  :-)

Bob