Re: boot from USB and install debian using grub2 and netinstall debian iso image

On Tue 17 Dec 2013 at 11:36:16 +0100, ha wrote:

> When you refer to the isohybrid image you mean the CD image that is
> simply dd-ed to the USB? This is not preferable, as USB that can
> store 8, 16 or even 32 GB is wasted because of only 3,2,1 GB or even
> less.

It needn't be wasted if you use it to store a few large videos. However,
I do get what you are saying. :) It has come up before. Here

   http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2013/02/msg00233.html

I'd not object to having the level of sophistication you want in d-i but
not at the expense of more bugs in it or more code to maintain. In any
case the hd-media method works well. Not having a loopback method
doesn't strike me as a great drawback.

> Thanks. I also managet to find this (I think I'm referencing you :-)):
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/448888

Did I say that? One day I must check whether it still works!

> please point me in the direction where to find/discuss such things

debian-boot seems the best. Perhaps by adding to existing bug reports.