Re: boot from USB and install debian using grub2 and netinstall debian iso image

On Mon 16 Dec 2013 at 09:40:17 +0100, ha wrote:

[Snip]

> So the question is:
> 1. Did anybody managed to boot from USB and install debian using
> grub2 and the netinstall debian image? (i.e. Is this possible? Does
> netinstall support this?)

Yes, using the hd-media kernel and initrd. Employing GRUB's loopback
feature with a netinst ISO is not possible at present.

> 2. Did I miss something plain simple? (like, a boot parameter that
> will mount the iso image to correct location; or link it; or
> whatever)

You'll be interested in the short discussion at

   http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2013/09/msg00094.html

and its associated bug report at