Re: CD drive not showing up anymore

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 14:54:24 +0530
Kailash Kalyani <listskailash@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Kailash,

>If this works, your udev rules are fine. You'd then have to look at the
>desktop side - gvfs in gnome's case.

I've been suffering this issue under KDE, so I suspect gvfs isn't the
problem here.

>In case this doesn't work your issue lies somewhere between the kernel
>and udev - driver issue or rules issue.

I noticed that my udev rules looked strange, so think something has been
"fiddling" with them.

If I log in with a CD/DVD in a drive, device notifier recognises is and
offers up the relevant options.  If I insert a disk once logged in, then
device notifier does nothing *unless* I'm running K3b.

This problem is not unique to one machine, but affects all three of the
computers here.  They're all running testing with KDE.

--
 Regards  _
Looking for something I can call my own, ain't a Ford Cortina or a